- Keep a regular routine of prayer for your children. Good times to pray together are those times you do something regularly e.g. eating together, going to bed or washing your hands! Or light a candle and pray together. This could include praying the same family prayer at the same time every day - it’s completely up to you!
- Read a bible story to your children at bed-time or watch one online with them during the day.
- In the present situation it can be difficult adjusting to not seeing family and friends in person, however, you can still pray for them together daily. Why not send them a message (via email or post) or call them to let them know that you are thinking and praying for them at a certain time?
- Choose one of the family Fun prayer ideas and perhaps choose an activity a day to do as a family - Bright prayer ideas for families at home!
- Listen to a podcast together. For example, you can click here to listen to our Family Prayer Adventure podcasts from last year - https://www.thykingdomcome.global/resources/digital-family-prayer-adventure-map
The Benefice Office is closed. For urgent matters, please telephone The Vicar, Fr. Paul Chaplin - 01189 331 718. For non-urgent matters, please telephone 01189 333 704 and leave a message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.
St. Mary and St. John, Mortimer: Ms Sarah Theaker – 07816 814868 and
Dr Gwen Adshead – 01189 333902
St. John the Baptist, Padworth: Mr Roger Jones – 01189 333136 and Mrs Elizabeth Porter – 01189 713136
St. Saviour, Mortimer West End: Dr Gwen Adshead 01189 333902
At the time of Coronavirus the Church's ministry here continues daily and online and over the telephone - whilst our church buildings must remain closed.
Welcome to Join in Stratfield Mortimer, Mortimer West End and Padworth
Online Morning and Night Prayer
9 am & 9 pm
The invitation to us to join in Morning and Night prayer is an invitation to make a 'sacred’ space and time in our day
to pause to reflect and pray together with the help and guidance of scripture.
DAILY PRAYER & WORSHIP RESOURCES
The Benefice is live-streaming services via Zoom.
Morning Prayer at 9 am Monday to Friday- the Zoom link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6931233940
Night Prayer at 9 pm Monday to Friday - the Zoom link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6931233940
Sunday Eucharist at 10 am each Sunday - the Zoom link is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6931233940
If you would like to see a priest in complete confidence telephone the Vicar, Fr. Paul Chaplin – 01189 331718
To be kept informed of services and events around the benefice, please complete the form to be found at the following link. Please complete this form.
If you would like to receive the weekly newsletter, please let the office know - email@example.com.
View the latest weekly newsletter below.
we pledge ourselves to serve you and all humankind, in the cause of peace,
for the relief of want and suffering,
and for the praise of your name.
Guide us by your Spirit;
give us wisdom;
give us courage;
give us hope;
and keep us faithful now and always.