- Keep a regular routine of prayer for your children. Good times to pray together are those times you do something regularly e.g. eating together, going to bed or washing your hands! Or light a candle and pray together. This could include praying the same family prayer at the same time every day - it’s completely up to you!
- Read a bible story to your children at bed-time or watch one online with them during the day.
- In the present situation it can be difficult adjusting to not seeing family and friends in person, however, you can still pray for them together daily. Why not send them a message (via email or post) or call them to let them know that you are thinking and praying for them at a certain time?
- Choose one of the family Fun prayer ideas and perhaps choose an activity a day to do as a family - Bright prayer ideas for families at home!
- Listen to a podcast together. For example, you can click here to listen to our Family Prayer Adventure podcasts from last year - https://www.thykingdomcome.global/resources/digital-family-prayer-adventure-map
The Benefice Office can be contacted on 01189333704 from 9am to 12 noon Monday to Friday. Outside of those hours, please leave a message or send an email to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
For urgent matters please telephone Fr Paul Chaplin, The Vicar 01189 331 718.
At the time of the Coronavirus the Church's ministry here continues daily through prayer and online and over the telephone.
THE CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, PADWORTH
IS OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER ON
SUNDAYS FROM 11.00 am to 12 NOON
THE CHURCH OF ST. SAVIOUR, MORTIMER WEST END
IS OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER
ON SATURDAYS FROM 11 AM TO 12 NOON
All Covid 19 safeguarding precautions must be adhered to carefully.
Welcome to Join in Stratfield Mortimer, Mortimer West End and Padworth
Online Morning and Night Prayer
9 am & 9 pm
DAILY PRAYER & WORSHIP RESOURCES
The Benefice is live-streaming services via Zoom.
Parish Morning Prayer at 9 am & Night Prayer at 9 pm Monday to Friday.
Parish Sunday Eucharist at 10 am each Sunday
The Zoom link for all services is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6931233940
The invitation to join with the Parish church here in Morning and Night prayer is an invitation to make a 'sacred’ space and time in our day to pause to reflect and pray together with the help and guidance of scripture and to pray together with one heart and mind. Fr Paul Chaplin
If you would like to speak with a priest in complete confidence telephone the Vicar, Fr. Paul Chaplin – 01189 331718
To be kept informed of services and events around the benefice, please complete the form to be found at the following link. Please complete this form.
'It is not an acceptable human response, let alone a leadership response to say "I have heard about a problem, but… it was someone else's job to report it /act”’ The Archbishop of Canterbury
To receive the weekly newsletter, please, just let the office know - firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the latest weekly newsletter below.