- Keep a regular routine of prayer for your children. Good times to pray together are those times you do something regularly e.g. eating together, going to bed or washing your hands! Or light a candle and pray together. This could include praying the same family prayer at the same time every day - it’s completely up to you!
- Read a bible story to your children at bed-time or watch one online with them during the day.
- In the present situation it can be difficult adjusting to not seeing family and friends in person, however, you can still pray for them together daily. Why not send them a message (via email or post) or call them to let them know that you are thinking and praying for them at a certain time?
- Choose one of the family Fun prayer ideas and perhaps choose an activity a day to do as a family - Bright prayer ideas for families at home!
- Listen to a podcast together. For example, you can click here to listen to our Family Prayer Adventure podcasts from last year - https://www.thykingdomcome.global/resources/digital-family-prayer-adventure-map
Our new website is now live -www.mortimerbenefice.org.uk
If you would like to speak with a priest in complete confidence telephone the Vicar, Fr. Paul Chaplin – 01189 331718
To receive the weekly newsletter, please, just let the office know - email@example.com.
View the latest weekly newsletter below.
The Benefice will be live-streaming the forthcoming services
at St. John’s, Mortimer via Zoom
Sunday 22ndNovember at 10 am
The Feast of Christ the King
Sunday 29thNovember at 6 pm
The Advent Procession
Sunday 20thDecember at 4 pm
The Carol Service – Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols
Thursday 24thDecember at 5 pm
Thursday 24thDecember at 11.30 pm
Friday 25th December at 10 am