Our new website is now live -www.mortimerbenefice.org.uk
If you would like to speak with a priest in complete confidence telephone the Vicar, Fr. Paul Chaplin – 01189 331718
To receive the weekly newsletter, please, just let the office know - email@example.com.
View the latest weekly newsletter below.
The Benefice will be live-streaming the forthcoming services
at St. John’s, Mortimer via Zoom
Sunday 22ndNovember at 10 am
The Feast of Christ the King
Sunday 29thNovember at 6 pm
The Advent Procession
Sunday 20thDecember at 4 pm
The Carol Service – Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols
Thursday 24thDecember at 5 pm
Thursday 24thDecember at 11.30 pm
Friday 25th December at 10 am
Trumpets herald the arrival of Jesus in ‘May Way, Make Way for Christ the King’ at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK6XuYhL7JI
‘Jesus our Teacher and our Lord’ is a Last Supper/New Commandment hymn with an easy-to-learn refrain at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUx3IVS3e_4
Sing ‘When I Think about the Cross’ on Good Friday. with Brereton Primary at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVYXdbJcRZM&t=38s
‘See What a Morning’ by Keith and Kristyn Getty reminds us that love wins and Christ has conquered at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18_PDY22Sck
‘Easter Jubilation’ is a joyful song by Helen and Mark Johnson. You can listen to a sample at https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/songs-for-every-easter.html
2. Secure the sticks with a glue dot or double-sided tape. Tie on the wool (the knot will be at the back of the cross).
3. Hold the cross in one hand and with the other, wrap the wool over and around one arm, then over and around the next, and so on.
4. Pull the yarn tightly each time and push the yarn down snugly toward the centre.
5. Add a new colour by knotting the two ends of the wool or use multi-coloured wool.
6. Pull/push loose ends to the back with a needle. Add a loop of ribbon or for display.